THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, June 19, 2009

Paparazzi, Celebrities, and Hollywood...

I drove up to LA about 2 weeks ago I think it was, to do some exploring and I came across a funny situation. I just love the GPS because I can just put in it "Landmarks" or "museums" or "theatres" and it will give me a list of all these places in LA, it's great! So the first one I wanted to see was the Hollywood sign on the mountain. I'd seen it from the freeway but only for a second, I wanted to see how close I could get. So I'm driving up the street called "Beachwood" which is the street that has the best straight shot view of the sign and I start to see to my left a bunch of lights flashing and I mean, it's LA, I figured it was the police right? I slow down and as I get closer, I realize that the lights flashing aren't colored red and blue and that they're actually camera flashes. I see all these guys running around and people flocking to the side of the road and I realize that it's those paparazzi guys... I'm the only car driving on the road so I'm like sweet, front row view of whoever this is. I drive by very slowly and see the girl in the middle of it all. She's very very skinny and pale, her red hair is up on top of her head and she's got black sunglasses on and bodyguards shielding her way through the crowd. Lindsay Lohan... Poor girl... Anyway, it was kind of a cool moment to be like, yep, I'm really in LA...

I just love this view when you're driving into the city on the 101.

I took this picture just a couple seconds before I saw Miss Lohan... You can kind of see the sign on the mountain straight ahead. I can't figure out how to zoom on it... I'm so not a photographer.

0 comments: