THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Richard G. Scott fireside

Last night, we had the amazing opportunity to hear from Elder Richard G. Scott at our Costa Mesa, California institute. He's an amazing man, let me tell you, and what a great sense of humor he has! The institute counsel president was standing to introduce Elder Scott and started to read off all of his accomplishments when Elder Scott stood up, walked to the pulpit and says, "Forget all of that boring stuff, just tell them I love the youth and get on with it." Haha... He also told a story of a little boy in a catholic, I belive it was, church class who was called in to speak with the priest. The priest asked the boy, "Where is god?" the boy just sits there with no response. The priest asks him again, "Where is God?" to which the boy replied by running right out of the room. A friend of the young boy's stopped him and asked what the matter was. The boy replies, "God is lost and I have to go find him!" Hahaha.... Basically one of the main impressions I got from Elder Scott was, what is all this to worry about? Someone asked him, "How do you stay calm under the stresses of daily life and the economic downfall?" To which he replies, "I believe in Christ, What is there to worry about?" I loved that.. I don't think those were his exact words so don't quote me on it but it was to that general idea. We had the opportunity of shaking his hand afterward and let me tell you, that was a truly amazing moment for me to look into the eyes of an apostle of God. Very great experience.
As always,
-Hailey :)

0 comments: